Coastal Bend College (CBC) will be hosting a CBC Cougar Basketball Camp for students 1st-12th grade Monday, July 15 – Thursday, July 18, 2019. You can pre-register before July 15th or on Monday, July 15th from 8 a.m. – 9 a.m. The camp will be hosted at the Peter S. Marecek Physical Fitness Center (gym) and cost $80.
1st-6th graders: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
7th-12th graders: 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Individual day camp is for boys and girls entering the 1st grade through 12th grade.
- It includes individual instruction on all aspects of the game.
- This camp is designed for campers to continue developing basketball fundamentals and acquiring new skills while having fun at the same time.
- There will be coaches that played D1 level, have 4 years playing college ball, and have years coaching under their belt.
- By the end of the four days, campers will have learned the skills needed to take their game to the next level with the goal of becoming a complete basketball player.
Player development will include ball handling, passing, shooting, defense/rebounding, and team concepts.
Who are the coaches?
Mia Ochoa, Coastal Bend College Women’s Assistant Basketball Coach
- 3 years of college coach experience
- Played 4 Collegiate seasons
Marcus Thompson, Coastal Bend College Men’s Assistant Basketball Coach
- 6 years of coaching experience
- 4 years of collegiate basketball
- All-conference 1st team, Defensive POY
Nathan Purswell, Coastal Bend College Head Women’s Basketball Coach
- 11 years of coaching experience with an understanding of skill building and the value of teaching fundamentals
- Over 7 years of college coaching experience
- Sent over 22 players to play 4-year ball. Worked skill development with two professional players
To register, please fill out the camp registration form and mail it to:
Coastal Bend College
Basketball: Nathan Purswell
3800 Charco Road
Beeville, Texas 78102