Become a Certified Master Wedding and Event Planner
When clients have a unique and special vision for their events, they call upon Certified Master Wedding and Event planners to make sure every aspect of their function goes perfectly. If you want to plan and execute premier events, this 100% online course will prepare you with the skills and mentorship to point you toward success.
Job Outlook for Certified Master Wedding and Event Planners
- According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), job demand for Meeting, Convention, and Event Planners is strong. BLS data anticipates an 8% increase in jobs for this area between now and 2029, which is much faster than most other occupations.
- The BLS states that Meeting, Convention, and Event Planners earn $24.33 per hour or $50,600 per year. Salaries and bonuses can run much higher for experienced planners who specialize in premier personal and corporate events.
Certified Master Wedding and Event Planner FAQs
What do certified master wedding and event planners do?
Certified Wedding and Event Planners design and produce weddings, bridal showers, corporate events and private parties. They undertake research and planning for timelines, budgets and event-related matters such as entertainment and security.
What does “master” mean for a wedding and event planners do?
Master Wedding and Event planners are trained to provide wedding and event planning services at the highest level for discriminating clients. In this course, you will learn from and be mentored by celebrity wedding and event designer Kevin Lee.
Is certification valuable for wedding and event planners?
Although many wedding and event planners are uncertified, earning certification distinguishes you as a serious wedding and event planning professional. Successful completion of this course qualifies you to apply for the invaluable experience of an internship at a Kevin Lee Weddings event. You will also be invited to an optional two-day workshop with Kevin Lee and his vendors.
- Certified Wedding and Event Planning – design and produce weddings, bridal showers, and more
- Corporate Event Planning – venue research, the scope of work, project planning, timelines, budgets, and security
- Event Law – business formation, branding, licenses, intellectual property, labor and employment, and contracts
- History of Bridal Fashion – exploration of wedding dress styles, fabrics, and fashion
- Party Planning 101 – table setting and etiquette, menu selections, food and wine pairing
- Signature Wedding and Event Design – the art of design and décor, charging for your services, presenting concepts to clients, and presentation skills
- Earn Master Planner Certification and professional designation as a Certified Master Planner
- Earn recommendation letters and qualify for a hands-on training internship
- Understand how to design and plan all aspects of an event, from setting budgets to reviewing performance
Prerequisites and Requirements
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Certified Wedding Planner
Preston Bailey Signature Wedding and Event Design
Corporate Event Planning
Party Planning 101
History of Bridal Fashion
Cho Phillips is the founder of Lovegevity, Inc. and author of the “Professional Wedding and Event Planning: How to Start a Wedding Planning Business” textbook and resource manual. As the founder of The Wedding Planning Institute, Phillips provides an opportunity for subject matter experts to contribute to the standardization and education for wedding professionals. She has been featured in The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Chicago Tribune, Washington Times, Entrepreneur Magazine, Las Vegas Sun, and has been a guest on NBC, UPN, WB and other nationally-broadcast television and radio stations.
Kevin Lee is a distinguished event and wedding planner, known for his innovative designs and cutting-edge events. His experience has spanned from shows like the Oscar, Grammy and Emmy awards to weddings, private events, and Hollywood premiers. His world-class client list has included both celebrities and politicians such as Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, Brad Pitt, and Oprah Winfrey.
Registration and Enrollment
This course is open enrollment. You can enroll and begin any time.