Through a partnership with Ed2Go, Coastal Bend College’s Department of Continuing Education is excited to announce new courses that will prepare individuals to work on Amazon Web Services in multiple capacities. There seven different course options that provide training on different aspects of Amazon Web Services that all lead to jobs in the technology sector that branches into other sectors.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s largest and leading cloud computing service provider and is the most profitable division of Amazon and businesses around the world utilize AWS as their cloud service provider. Through the utilization of AWS, companies can focus on providing business value without having to deal with the heavy lifting of operating an information technology infrastructure.
According to Amazon, there are over 1 million active AWS users with small to mid-size companies making up a majority of the user base. Companies operating with AWS include banks, governments, food manufactures, technology giants, and more. Some of the largest companies utilizing AWS are: Adobe, Capital One, Disney, Dow Jones,
Facebook, General Electric, McDonalds, NASA, Netflix, Pfizer, USDA Food. With some of the largest companies in the United States and many smaller business utilizing AWS, it is a great time to learn the skills needed to operate in their cloud computing system.
The courses are offered completely online and are self-paced. Each course is designed towards a specific focus in the AWS system, as seen below:
- Certified AWS Cloud Practitioner- This course is intended for IT professionals who would like to better understand AWS Cloud concepts and core AWS services. (3-month course)
- Certified AWS Cloud Practitioner Developer Associate- This course is intended for IT professionals who would like to better understand AWS Cloud concepts, core AWS services, and those looking to gain more knowledge into AWS’s developing capabilities. (6-month course)
- Certified AWS Cloud Practitioner Solutions Architect- This course is intended for IT professionals who would like to better understand AWS Cloud concepts, core AWS services, Solutions Architects and Solution Design Engineers. (6-month course)
- Certified AWS Cloud Practitioner SysOps Administrator- This course is intended for system administrators and software developers and other IT professionals who would like to better understand AWS Cloud concepts and core AWS services. (6-month course)
- Certified AWS Developer- The AWS Developer course is designed for intermediate-level software developers and those looking to learn more about AWS’s developing capabilities. (3-month course)
- Certified AWS Solutions Architect- The AWS Architect Associate course is designed for solutions architects and solution design engineers who want to learn fundamental skills to architect their IT solutions on AWS and more. (3-month course)
- Certified AWS SysOps Administrator- The AWS SysOps Administrator course is intended for system administrators and software developers who wish to learn related best practices and tools on the AWS platform for configuring and deploying systems. (3-month course)
Those interested in taking a AWS course can register online at careertraining.ed2go.com/cbc or call (361) 354-2768.
-Success Happens Here-