In our continued efforts to enhance overall institutional quality, Coastal Bend College asks for your approval for the Quality Enhancement Planning (QEP) proposal topic: “Strengthening our Core”.
This topic will cover the following actions:
- The deployment of a HOPE Survey and ICAT to understand student non-academic needs and staff/faculty equity knowledge
- Creating/Providing Cougar Care through Equity and Advocacy
- An expansion of the current Cougar Centers at each location to Cougar Care Centers
- Enhancement and expansion of current “wraparound services” to include mental health resources and other key non-academic services such as access to food pantries, community resources, etc.
- Development and deployment of a CBC equity, diversity and inclusion plan.
- Professional development for faculty/staff
Please let us know if you approve of this proposal by completing the survey linked below. The survey will take less than 5 minutes to complete and your individual responses will remain anonymous.
Voting will close by Oct. 26, 2022.
Last month, CBC asked for your help in selecting a QEP topic that resulted in a tie. Since then, CBC was awarded Title III Grant funding that will cover much of what the QEP topics originally proposed. This includes:
- Career/transfer planning
- Online readiness diagnostics/assessment and support
- Innovated Advising and counseling
- Implementation of a Customer Relationship Management communication system
- Tutoring program that includes a writing/math center
- Redesign of online curriculum, pedagogy, and assessment
In response to this award announcement, the proposed QEP topic will address areas not covered by Title III funding, including:
- Mental health resources
- Basic Need resources
- Emergency aid resources
–Success Happens Here–