March 17, 2020
Classes resume March 18 online.
- Our online admissions application will be available March 23: www.ApplyTexas.org
- Our website is online, and Blackboard is also available.
- Our Office 365 email system is operational. To access, go to portal.office.com and sign in with your CBC email address and your password.
- Following are answers to questions you may have. If you have a question not answered here, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Are CBC College offices open? Offices will resume normal operational hours March 18. However, you should expect some delays as we bring everything back up to normal operational capacity.
- How do I contact a faculty or staff member? Our phone system has been fully restored, but you can contact them via email. Please be sure to use your CBC email. Our Office 365 email system is operational. To access, go to portal.office.com and sign in with your CBC email address and your password.
- I’m a student I don’t have internet access? Computer labs specifically for students
are available at all locations. See list below:
- Beeville Students: Elam 124
- Alice Students: Room 139
- Kingsville Students: Room 115
- Pleasanton Students: Room 136
- Will the semester be extended? No, the Spring semester will not be extended. When classes resume, instructors will work with students on assignments, due dates, and tests so that no student is negatively impacted as a result of this event.
- When do classes start? Classes for the full Spring semester are scheduled to resume March 18 online only. There will be no face-to-face classes until further notice. Spring Flex II classes are scheduled to begin on March 23. No changes in Summer start dates. Summer classes will begin as previously scheduled.
- What is the process for students to pick up books for Spring 2020 Flex II Session classes? Contact the bookstore for information.
- Dual credit: My high school’s spring break is the week after CBC returns. What should I do? Contact your instructor using your CBC email.
- If you have questions about grades or other class specific questions, please email your instructor. Be sure to use your CBC email. Our Office 365 email system is operational. To access, go to portal.office.com and sign in with your CBC student email address and your password. Please give your instructor 24 hours to respond.
- How do I contact my instructor? You can contact them via email. If you do not have your instructor’s email, please visit www.coastalbend.edu/faculty_staff. Be sure to use your CBC email. Our Office 365 email system is operational. To access, go to portal.office.com and sign in with your CBC student email address and your password.
- My instructor isn’t responding, what do I do? Your instructor has 24 hours to respond to emails. If they haven’t responded, make sure you are using your Coastal Bend College email. As a security measure to ensure your instructor is speaking with the correct person, they will only respond to a student request from a student’s College email account. If you have been using your College email and it has been more than 24 hours, then please forward all emails you have sent your instructor to email@example.com, and we will assist you in getting in contact with them. Our Office 365 email system is operational. To access, go to portal.office.com and sign in with your CBC student email address and your password.
- For FAFSA and other financial aid questions visit www.coastalbend.edu/finaid. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Can students pay their bills? Students can pay their bills by cash, check, credit card, or money order at the nearest CBC location. or by phone with a credit card. During this time, we will extend payment deadline to Friday March 20th. You will not be charged late fees during this time period. April payments are due by April 6, or late fees will be charged. Contact Becky Miller through email, email@example.com or cahiers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Will I owe if I drop a class? Yes, unless it’s a Spring Flex II class. We are past the 100% drop date. Students who drop courses after the 100% drop date will be charged the full price for the course. Coastal Bend College does not prorate costs for courses. Before you drop a class, check with your instructor. We have directed instructors to work with students once classes resume on assignments, due dates, and tests so that no student is negatively impacted as a result of this outage. For more details about dropping courses, visit www.coastalbend.edu to find the form.
- When can I get my 1098-T? 1098-T information can be found here.
- When can current students register? Registration begins for Summer classes March 23.
- Will there be advisors available to enroll/talk to students? Advisors will be available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- How do I know what classes I need? How many credits do I have? Can I take summer classes? Visit a CBC advisor from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- How can I apply? To apply visit coastalbend.edu/future
- I have questions about enrolling at Coastal Bend College. Email your questions to email@example.com.
- Can I take a tour? Can I take the TSI? I filled out an application, but I didn’t receive an acceptance letter. Please email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can I get my transcript? Due to our current network outage, we are not able to print transcripts or send electronic transcripts. CBC is working diligently to restore all services, but at this time we do not know when all services will be restored. We appreciate your patience while we are dealing with this disruption, and we will provide additional information on expected dates and services as it becomes available. We will put an announcement on the CBC website and on our Facebook page when we are able to send and print transcripts.
- Is the library open? The Library will be open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday – Friday.
When classes resume, the College will work with students on assignments, due dates, and exams so that no student is negatively impacted as a result of this event. We will continue to monitor the situation and keep you apprised of new developments.
Dr. Justin Hoggard