Coastal Bend College announced today, Spring Break, at all locations, will be extended by two days. All classes will resume online Wednesday, March 18 for students. Faculty and staff will report to their regular locations as normal.
As part of our ongoing commitment to Coastal Bend students, faculty, staff and our community’s health, we continue to monitor the current COVID–19 (coronavirus) outbreak.
To help mitigate the impact of the outbreak at all CBC locations, we announce the following proactive measures:
- We are extending Spring Break for students by two days Classes will resume March 18 via online and will continue in this format until further notice.
- Should special accommodations be needed related to online delivery, please contact your instructor.
- For any questions or concerns regarding the academic continuity plan, students and faculty may contact their dean and staff may contact their supervisor.
- ALL CBC faculty and staff must report their regular locations as normal.
- Although we are currently reviewing the situation, our current plan is to operate the campus as normal during the week of March 16-20 and until further notice.
- Our custodial staff continues to clean and sanitize all our campuses and off-campus facilities day and night, with deep-cleaning efforts taking place in those areas of high human traffic .
- We will notify you as soon as possible should there be any change in this fluid situation.
- All college-related events will be canceled until further notice. Exceptions may be made for small events where precautions can be taken to ensure social distancing.
- Although we are not currently cancelling commencement we will be carefully evaluating that event over the next few weeks and will provide an update at a later date.