Flu season is upon us, but having healthy habits like washing your hands and covering your cough can help stop the spread of germs.
What preventative actions can students and community members take during flu season?
- Everyone over 6 months is encouraged to get a flu shot
- Avoid close contact with those that are sick
- Clean areas that are touched frequently including objects and surfaces
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Stay home if you are sick
- Avoid touching your nose, eyes, and mouth when your hands are unwashed
- Sneeze with a tissue or cover your cough
It is highly recommended that students and community members continue to practice preventive actions as flu season continues. If you are feeling ill, make an appointment with your healthcare provider.
What are symptoms of the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)?
- For the vast majority of people who have had the illness, symptoms were mild (like a cold or flu) and they resolved after several days. Flu like symptoms include fever, cough, shortness of breath, and sore throat.
Where can I find updated information?