Andrea S. Wiseman, RDH will present “Promoting Prevention”, a two hour free continuing education presentation for dental professionals, dental assistants, dental hygienists and dentists on Wednesday, January 29 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at Coastal Bend College in the R.W. Dirks Student Services Building, Room 119.
Presentation Learning Objectives:
- Understand the Caries Management by Risk Assessment and its importance
- Define Silver Diamine Fluoride and application process
- Review informed consent, treatment planning, and protocols for SDF and SMART techniques
- Define the Mode of Action for Sodium and Stannous Fluoride
- Explain the difference between a Prophylactics, Gingivitis Therapy Treatment and Periodontal Disease
- Learn how to implement Oral health Preventive Medications for Gingivitis, Caries, Sensitivity and Xerostomia consistently
- Prevention Protocols, Dialog and insurance codes
Andrea S. Wiseman, RDH is a Preventive Consultant Specialist for Elevate Oral Care™ and brings over 30 years of experience in dentistry to her presentations. She is the current President Elect for San Antonio District Dental Hygiene Association. Andrea has been a member of the American Dental Hygiene Association since 1995 as well as Texas Dental Hygiene Association, and past president of the San Antonio District Dental Hygiene Association (2004), and Gulf Coast Dental Hygiene Society of Ft. Myers (1996-97), FL. She is a mentor to all oral healthcare providers and an advocate against oral diseases. Her presentations have included venues at Yankee Dental Association Meeting (2013), Seattle Study Clubs, Dental Hygiene Association State Meetings, Dental Association State Meetings, and large group dental practices, providing C.E. credits on the Power of Prevention. Andrea started her speaking career with Omnii Oral Pharmaceuticals in 2002 and became a National Prevention Specialist with 3M Oral Care in 2006 to 2017. She has been an instructor at Austin Community College Dental Assisting Program and has educated students at dental assisting schools, dental hygiene colleges, and dental colleges across the country on the current standards of care and technologies in dentistry.
To RSVP, please call the clinic at (361) 354-2555 or email Beth Meek at email@example.com.