The Associate of Science Field of Study: Business Management* degree program is a two-year course of study that covers the core materials needed to complete the first two years of a Texas four-year college or university’s Bachelors of Science (BS) degree program. The AS-BMgt. program is designed to parallel the student’s choice in a bachelor’s program at a specific Texas four-year college or university. Upon successfully completing the program at Coastal Bend College, the credits students earn can be then transferred as an Associate of Science Field of Study: Business Management credential upon graduation to the Texas four-year college or university that the student identified.
Students will develop knowledge of the foundation component areas and Business Management foundations through course activities that engage the student. These activities can include: Service Learning Projects, Community Service, Group and Team Activities, development of an E-portfolio, self-evaluation, peer evaluation, and cultural events.
Program Cost & Highlights:
- A two-year program at CBC, which translates into a minimum of 60 credit hours and an Associate of Arts degree
- Financial aid and scholarships are available to those who qualify
- To thrive in the world of business, you will need a background of financial knowledge and management skills that CBC teaches.
- Differentiate between change management theories and concepts in various organizational concepts
- Median hourly wage in the Coastal Bend region is $26.89*
- In addition to being able to transfer your credits completed at CBC to a four-year university, you can also receive career opportunities such as: Assistant Store Manager, Sales Consultant, Administrative Assistant, Store Manager, Sales Supervisor, etc.
- In 2016, individuals with an associate degree earned 23% more after taxes than those with a high school education. **
- All disciplines within the business management field are taught in order to provide a well-rounded education.
*Data obtained from the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics, Corpus Christi region, 2018.