The Associate of Arts Field of Study: Business Administration degree program is a two-year course of study that covers the core materials needed to complete the first two years of a Texas four-year college or university’s Bachelors of Arts (BA) degree program with an emphasis in Business Administration. The AA-BA program is designed to parallel the student’s choice in a bachelor’s program at a specific Texas four-year college or university. Upon successfully completing the program at Coastal Bend College, the credits students earn can be then transferred as an Associate of Arts Field of Study: Business Administration credential upon graduation to the Texas four-year college or university that the student identified.
Students will develop knowledge of the foundation component areas and Business Administration foundations, through course activities that engage the student. These activities can include: Service Learning Projects, Community Service, Group and Team Activities, development of an E-portfolio, self-evaluation, peer evaluation, and cultural events.
Program Cost & Highlights:
- A two-year program at CBC, which translates into a minimum of 60 credit hours and an Associate of Arts degree
- Financial aid and scholarships are available to those who qualify
- Explain business and societal trends in their historical, political, economic, financial, social, cultural, geopolitical and technological context
- Differentiate between change management theories and concepts in various organizational concepts
- Median hourly wage in the Coastal Bend region is $26.89*
- In addition to being able to transfer your credits completed at CBC to a four-year university, you can also receive career opportunities such as: Assistant Store Manager, Sales Consultant, Administrative Assistant, Store Manager, Sales Supervisor, etc.
- In 2016, individuals with an associate degree earned 23% more after taxes than those with a high school education. **
- All disciplines within the business administration field are taught in order to provide a well-rounded education.
*Data obtained from the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics, Corpus Christi region, 2018.