October 21, 2021

Coastal Bend College

The latest official news from CBC!

Get Your Associate Degree After you Transfer to a University

If you transfer to a university before graduating from CBC, you can still earn your associate degree through reverse transfer. This process recognizes your accomplishments and awards you the important credential you deserve.

How does it work?

  • Ask your institution to send your transcript to CBC.
  • CBC evaluates those students’ transcripts. You will be notified if you have earned an associate degree.


Am I eligible?

Yes, if:

  • You earned at least 30 credits from CBC.
  • You transferred from CBC to a four-year college or university.
  • You’ve earned at least 60 credits total, including coursework completed at your university.


Ready for reverse transfer now?

You can request a reverse transfer degree audit at any time. Follow these steps:

  • Ask your university’s registrar to send a transcript to CBC.
  • Apply for reverse transfer using the CBC graduation application.

CBC will let you know if you are eligible for an associate degree or need to meet additional requirements.