By: Sera F. Quiroga, Communications Staff Writer
Coastal Bend College (CBC) Beeville will host a Basic Motorcycle Safety Course on June 2-4. The course will take place at 3800 Charco Road from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. in the parking lot located near the Peter S. Marecek Physical Fitness Center.
Prospective students should note that the course must have a minimum of four students for the course to take place and the cost of the course is $235 per student. The maximum number of students that will be accepted into the course is eight. CBC Beeville’s Basic Motorcycle Safety Course will feature Instructor David Metcalf and Instructor Susan Williams from the Texas Department of Public Safety Education Training & Research- Motorcycle Safety Unit. In addition, motorcycles will be available for students to use throughout the course.
Students will be required to comply with the following guidelines:
- Students must possess a valid Texas driver’s license or complete the classroom portion of the driver’s education course (if student is under 18).
- Students who are 15-17 years of age must have a parent/legal guardian accompany them on the first day of class to sign waivers.
- Students must wear gloves that cover their fingers entirely.
- Boots/shoes that cover the student’s ankles must be worn to class. (No canvas shoes of any type.)
- Students must wear eye protection (corrective lenses and/or sunglasses).
- Students must wear a long sleeve shirt and/or jacket and pants.
Interested students who would like to participate in the class may register online at www.coastalbend.edu. The first eight students who register for the course and pay the course fees will have a reserved seat. Payments may be taken over the phone with a debit or credit card. If the class does not make, money will be refunded to all students.
For more information about CBC Beeville’s Basic Motorcycle Safety Course, please contact Noemi Aguilar at (361) 354-2306 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.