Headline: CBC gets set to host Veteran’s Registration Day event at all locations
Coastal Bend College’s (CBC) Office of Veterans Affairs is committed to helping veterans and their eligible dependents gain access to higher education. As a Military Friendly School, CBC offers a myriad of services and support to help veterans utilize their education benefits and graduate with a certificate or degree.
A Veteran’s Registration Day will take place at all CBC locations throughout the month of June including:
- Tuesday, June 23 from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. at the CBC Alice site
- Wednesday, June 24 from 8 a.m.-6 p.m. at the CBC Pleasanton site
- Thursday, June 25 from 8 a.m.- 6 p.m. at the CBC Kingsville site
- Tuesday, June 30 from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. at the CBC Beeville campus
Representatives from the Office of Veterans Affairs and the CBC Student Development Office will be available to speak with veterans and their families about the various academic and workforce programs available to them at CBC. One-on-one assistance with the CBC admissions process, financial aid application and fall 2015 course selection will also be available.
CBC offers the following veterans educational benefits at all locations:
- Chapter 30: Montgomery G. I. Bill Active Duty Educational Assistance Program
- Chapter 31: Vocational Rehabilitation Program
- Chapter 33: Post-911 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2009
- Chapter 35: Survivors and Dependent Educational Assistance Program
- Chapter 1606: Selected Reserve Educational Assistance Program
- Hazelwood Exemption
To obtain a list of paperwork and information that should be brought to the event, please contact Rosie Streicher, CBC veterans affairs specialist, via email at email@example.com or via phone at (361) 354-2421. Veterans can also visit www.coastalbend.edu/veteransaffairs for more information.
You must log in to post a comment.