Beeville, Texas- Community business leaders can access the knowledge and experience of eleven internationally-acclaimed leaders by attending the Chick-fil-A Leadercast at Coastal Bend College in the Gertrude Russell Jones Auditorium in Beeville, Texas on May 6, 2011.
The Bee County Chamber of Commerce is excited to partner with the George West Chamber of Commerce and Coastal Bend College to bring you The Chick-fil-A Leadercast. This is a one-day leadership training event broadcasted LIVE from Atlanta, Ga. to hundreds of sites throughout the nation, including Beeville. Speakers for the event include:
- Seth Godin, Entrepreneur, marketing expert, & best-selling author of 12 books including “Linchpin”
- Robin Roberts, Anchor of ABC’s Emmy-winning show, “Good Morning America”
- John Maxwell, Leadership expert & best-selling author of “The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership”
- Dave Ramsey, Personal money-management expert, national radio personality, and best-selling author of The Total Money Makeover
- Sir Ken Robinson, Best-Selling author & leader in the development of creativity, innovation & human resources
- Dan Cathy, President & COO of Chick-fil-A, Inc.
- Muhtar Kent, Chairman of the board and CEO of The Coca-Cola Company
- Suzy Welch, Best-selling author, television commentator, and noted business journalist
- Mack Br own, Head coach of the Texas Longhorns, 2009 Big 12 Coach of the Year
- Erin Gruwell, Founder & president of Freedom Writers Foundation
- Frans Johansson, Best-selling author of The Medici Effect
The idea for the Chick-fil-A Leadercast was conceived eleven years ago by Dr. John C. Maxwell, “New York Times” best-selling author and speaker. He wanted to combine his influential voice in the community with his desire to reach leaders at the heart level.
“The event was a highlight in my development,” said Jennifer Boubel, director of field services for Continental Airlines. “Each speaker brought insights that were inspiring. It is an incredible way to improve upon our leadership so that in turn we can make a difference in the lives of those we influence.”
This year’s program will focus on how individuals and teams can use their voices to create positive change at work, at home and in the community. The speakers will speak on subjects such as leading based on respect and relationship rather than rights and position, the difference between dynamic leadership and mediocre management, creating a culture of servanthood and innovation, how to provide exceptional customer service and the keys to unlocking creativity in your workplace.
“Leadership is about who you are within,” said Bill George, Harvard Business School professor and author of “True North.” “I think people don’t get that. I think it’s important to come and listen to leaders to reflect on the kind of leader you want to become.”
For more information about the Chick-fil-A Leadercast, visit http://www.chick-fil-aleadercast.com. Tickets are on sale now early bird price $40.00 till April 15, 2011. After April 15, 2011 tickets are $50.00 till April 25, 2011 and $60.00 day of the event. If early bird tickets sell out before April 15, any reserve tickets paid in full will be honored at the $40 price. All participants will receive an attendee notebook, breakfast, lunch and midmorning and mid-afternoon snack included. Sponsorship opportunities please contact the Bee County Chamber of Commerce at 361-358-3267 or visit www.beecountychamber.org for more information.